Wednesday, July 2, 2014

My Weight Loss Story So Far

                                                                 
                                                               
Well my first blog post ever on this site already gave you a look into the struggles of being bigger for me.  After a year or so of trying to eat right, research food, exercise nothing worked. Sadly. It was hard to be positive which was half the reason I quit blogging. How could I be a good source of motivation?
Last year when I switched to an IUD birth control they tested me for PCOS but never got back to me. I figured it must not be that important and let me stick out this new birth control and see what happens. I went to a nutritionist to help me learn food as well on their recommendation and referral.  I tried what the nutritionist said, I've done everything you could ever find. I can't tell you how many hours I've sat trying to figure out what to eat and when.  Nothing worked. So much so that I started eating less and less just to see when I'd finally lose something.  That point was only drinking 1 cup of coffee, minimal water, and an apple and half a peanut butter sandwich for dinner. That's it. Even ten I'd lose one or two pounds after a week of it. Fast forward to a few months ago, I started exercising even more. I even joined a Bikini Series Challenge with a friend and worked out more than ever before.  Others in the community were losing weight and inches, seeing a difference somehow. Not me. I kept at it though until I had pains and ended up having to switch birth control.  At the same time I asked about the tests I had taken a year ago and this doctor finally listened and told me I had PCOS.
   If you don't know PCOS stands for Polycystic ovarian syndrome.  It causes a lot of things including infertility, acne, weight gain, hair loss, hair growth in different places and other things. This led them to giving me medicine called Metaformin.  It is a harsh little drug that you have to slowly build up to your full dose.  This tends to correct infertility (or at least boost chances) and help people lose weight.
I've been taking this for about a month now and with the right eating (most of the time) I have lost 5.5lbs. I have not been exercising because until your body is used to this it makes you sick.  Now that I'm accustomed to it I still get sick if I eat things that are too carby like pizza and bread or anything really sweet.  It's a bummer but it does make you more strict with what your eating and how much.  So if you have a craving, be prepared to not eat much and get sick for awhile. Though strangely the first week I started taking it I could only eat really late at night and it was things like nachos. Apparently my body is confused.
  I know this is a short random post but this is my beginning and I hope to have better updates in the future.  If you have any questions about what I've been through in more detail or any about Metaformin please just leave a comment below and I will get back to you!

                                                           
                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment