Tuesday, July 1, 2014

June Favorites

Hello everyone! Well I picked one of the craziest weeks to try and start my blog back up again. Hence the lack of posts. Today I want to share with you some of my recent favorite things.  This will include, well, everything I can't get enough of. Food, skincare, makeup, music, you get the drift. I love hearing about what people have been enjoying, especially if it becomes a staple in their life.

                                                          SKIN CARE

I suffer from acne and combination skin. I always have but recently it has been worse because of PCOS hormones and birth control craziness. absolutely nothing I did helped.  I still struggle and have a fair amount of scars but it's mostly under control now.  This mask I picked up maybe a couple months ago and had time to really test it out.
                                               
Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Masque

This little guy is spendy but I have found it is so worth the price.  You can pick this up at Sephora for $40.  This seems to have the most bang for your buck having 5oz, and you don't need much at all.  Like I've said I've had this for probably 3 months and have not made it half way through the jar.  The first couple of times you use this mask it will probably burn, and burn your eyes from the sulfer, I know mine did and it sucked big time but I stuck it out and the feeling only lasted a few minutes.  After that though it just has a cooling, tingling effect. I like to assume it was really attacking all the gunk in my pores those first few times.  
I don't find this mask overly drying which is fantastic for anything getting rid of acne.  I always follow up with a moisturizer but my face doesn't feel tight after using this.  If you have those red angry acne spots you can put a little of this on it and leave it on for a couple of hours or overnight as a spot treatment, it really brings the irritation down.  All in all a fantastic try if you suffer from acne, and you can put this on your back or chest (it says so on the jar) if you suffer from those. Sephora's return policy is fantastic, just keep the receipt  until you know you like this.

Next is a drugstore spot treatment.  There isn't much to say about this stuff except my skin doesn't respond to salicylic acid very well, it always prefers benzyl peroxide. For a long while I could only find the clean and clear spot treatment with the benzyl peroxide, maybe I was just blind.  But it soon became way too harsh on my skin and while it may have gotten rid of the spots, it dried out my skin like you wouldn't believe. I decided I'd rather take a couple extra days getting rid of a zit than drying it out and dealing with the flaking.  

                                                         
Neutrogena On the spot acne treatment

This is gentle but I believe helps. I'd give this a shot, especially if you don't have extremely stubborn acne.  This has 2% benzyl peroxide instead of the 10% you see in other brands a lot of the time. I also like that this doesn't leave a horrible white cast (even though it comes out white) so you can wear it in the day.  

                                                       Entertainment 

Sadly I don't have many product favorites this month, I wasn't fully planning on needing any.  

I discovered a new youtube channel that I adore, it's always a good laugh.  These two men have two channels that I watch that is basically a little talk show called Good Mythical Morning and Good Mythical More.  The latter is the after show of the first.  

If you would Like to click to Good Mythical Morning click here.


Next is a little show called Supernatural.  I know I'm probably super late to this wagon as I believe it is on the 9th season but I just stated watching it on Netflix. Me and my husband have been marathoning it for two weeks and are on season 5. It's so addicting.  
It's about two brothers hunting down urban legends in different towns and saving people. Then the continuing story line develops further as well. So ghosts, demons, vampires, changelings, it's all fair game.  I don't want to spoil it too much in case some of you haven't discovered this awesome show yet.  But let's all take a moment to appreciate one of the brothers named dean.  
                                                                  
Dean Winchester played by Jensen Ackles

Who doesn't mind staring at this for hours ;) 

So these are my favorites for the month, I'm hoping to have more for July but sometimes you get to stick with the old favorites. Let me know if you also enjoy some of these or if you try them out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment