Friday, July 12, 2013

Revlon Lash Potion Mascara Review

Alrighty today I have some more terrible pictures of another beauty product, go figure. Anyway this is Revlons newest mascara out that promises length and volume. And really I know a lot of people do multiple coats of different mascaras to get those two things. However I'm lazy and want 1 mascara to do it all. On top of that, I don't even bother with more than 1 light coat. I hate when my eyelashes stick together and start looking like spider legs. I also hate when they are crunch and just bleh.
   I needed a new mascara in black since I grabbed the wrong color when I used the clump crush and decided to try this, it's new and I had a couple coupons that made it only $2.69! Since when is mascara ever that cheap? Speaking of price this retailed for $4.99 at Target which is cheap to begin with.

                                                                   
Its super pretty packaging. Purple blue green and sparkle! 

It's quite a large tube. One thing I find interesting as that it comes like this in the package, I kinda like when the brush is separate in the package. I feel like it keeps the mascara fresher and I get a weird sense of satisfaction from seeing that clean brush haha.  Another downfall for me is that as far as I could see, there is no water proof version. 

                                                                      
A ginormous wand! 

The wand is huge which scared me when I saw it, I thought for sure I'd poke an eye out! But it's actually quite nice. Its a spiraled brush which you can't tell from here, but it reminds me of those pictures of the spiraling DNA strands. Is that weird? Why must my brain make these comparisons. Anyway it's a great brush for getting those strands separated.  

Now I love that this mascara is cheap, the brush, and how it makes my lashes look. It really does add length even though my lashes are pretty long. I didn't curl them for the upcoming pictures and I know they are blurry, stupid webcam but in person it is a crazy difference. I'm not sure how much volume it gives but length for sure. It's fantastic. 

                                                
Before application


Excuse my crazy wide eye, I didn't curl my lashes. But I can tell the difference it makes in the upper lashes they look thicker and separated. 

That being said I will not be re-purchasing this mascara. The reason being that it smudged on me like CRAZY!  Now I do have oily eyelids and skin in general so that could be a problem. So maybe this would work if you didn't have that problem or live somewhere crazy humid. But I have both of those problems and even if it was only worn on the top lashes a little while later I literally had black on my cheek. It was terrible. So I'm not sure that I will use this up, maybe if I just do a certain look for this blog and not going out which is a shame. I really like the formula except that it's not waterproof and smudges. I think if there was a waterproof version it would be my go to mascara. So if anyone knows if I missed that please let me know!  

I think it's worth a try for those who don't have oily eyelids or live in crazy humidity. I mean it's cheap after all so I'm not sweating it too much. 

Any recommendations for a good mascara? 

No comments:

Post a Comment