Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wednesday Weight Loss

Ok so I decided to keep myself in check I would start the Wednesday Weight Loss series. I basically got the idea from PunkChyaz off youtube who did the same thing basically.  I know I might sound contradictory since I say be yourself and go ahead and eat cake or whatever and now I'm doing a weight loss thing. You might be thinking "WTF Nicki?" well I still eat what I want for the most part but I do want to get healthy.  I want to be healthy but I don't want to deprive myself if that makes sense.
    So in getting healthy maybe you want to start but don't know how and this can help you. I certainly didn't know what to do. I don't have anyone to watch my daughter if I went to a gym, by the time my husband gets home he usually has to go to the gym or do other things for work and we go to bed so that wouldn't work. So there was that issue. Then before I had her I didn't want to go to a gym because I was embarrassed. I think a lot of people have that fear though. At home work outs failed because frankly I just can't find one I like enough to actually stick to. So these were my excuses but valid none the less.
    Now I've had my daughter, and I've gained weight from then, not lost it. A whole 10 pounds. It's scary when you almost weigh more than your husband, for me at least. He's a big guy. And I'm just not happy knowing I could do it and that I want it. So I finally decided to do something about it. And that can be a hard step. What if you failed, or didn't achieve your goals? Or couldn't stick to it yet again.
    All those went through my head for a long time and it held me back. And I think I was trying to find reasons outside of myself to do it. Well I should do it for my husband but I don't want to fail and if it doesn't happen quick why do it.  Terrible right? And maybe doing it for your husband is a good motivator for you, but it wasn't for me and it took me awhile to figure it out.
     I had to do this for me. Me and only me, I needed to see if I was going to get healthy and lose the weight I wanted I needed to want it for myself. Once I got that through my head I had to get into the right frame of mind. The one that told me I had to do it every day and I might not do much, and what little I did I might suck at for awhile, but eventually Id get better and stronger. It won't happen over night. I think once you can wrap your head around those 2 ideas picking a plan for you will be easier.  My plan was to take our tax money (on approval of the hubby of course)  And get a treadmill. It doesn't have to be fancy, mine was a $350 from Walmart and it's great. I've only used it for 10 minutes for 2 days but have already lost 3lbs. It's not much, but it's a start right?
    So if you are struggling with your weight try these things out, it might change you and your decision to take action. Good luck with whatever you choose!

No comments:

Post a Comment