Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Weight Loss Wednesdays: Oh Well!

Well Sad to say I don't even have to weigh myself to know I have gained back at least 2 pounds this week. I   don't work out on the weekends as a rule, we are usually running around to begin with. On top of that instead of eating out once we ate out twice for lunch. Bad I know. And we had been eating at Stone Oven because I love their salads and tea. So good! But this weekend we ate taco bell and then after I spent forever grocery shopping I realized we had no lunch so we grabbed in and out really late since it's a couple blocks away. I don't know if this is a perk or a downfall to living in the city and right off the freeway. hmm.
      Then I had a brilliant idea to check out a little donut and deli shop that is actually right below us (we are on a hill) and well I'm addicted. Such good donuts and one I have never seen before. Plus the drinks are AMAZING! The frappes anyway. My husband had a cookies and cream that he loved and I tried frozen hot chocolate. Holy cow you guys. I've seen frozen hot chocolate in passing on Pinterest but it scared me. I didn't understand how it could possibly be good, I hate when my hot chocolate goes cold you know? And it was strange at first but geez so good! The guy is super nice too so that's always a plus. We had that both days too. Its bad but we had a rough rough night with stupid neighbors until 3am and other stuff we still had to do so we relaxed a bit.
     I know I should have worked out for sure after eating all that but what can I say I also was up all night a couple nights with my daughter. The first day after being up all night I was able to get myself on the treadmill but I couldn't go as fast so I just amped up the incline. The second day I said screw it though haha. Then this morning at late notice we ended up babysitting a little boy so no treadmill for me. Oh well, I know I've been super hungry from eating bad and I need to get a handle on it. But tonight is Zucchini Pizza so maybe that will get it back on track.  I know I know sounds seriously gross right? NO!!! It's actually pretty good! And super quick and easy. I'll put the Recipe down below in case you want to give it a try.

But see, this is what I mean by I'll work at being healthy and all that but I'm not going to kill myself for eating donuts and not working out for a few days. It was fun and we enjoyed it so who cares? Not me! lol

ZUCCHINI PIZZA RECIPE (from reservation4two.com)

Ingredients:
2-3 zucchini's (adjust for however much you want to eat per person.I eat 1 my husband eats 2)
pizza sauce or marinara
mozzarella cheese
Your favorite pizza toppings (We use turkey pepperoni)
Italian Style breadcrumbs
Salt and Pepper

1) Preheat Oven to 425 Degrees
2) Cut Zucchini lengthwise. Then scoop out the flesh until a thin layer is left
3) Place these halves on a baking sheet (i'd put tinfoil down first though, easy cleanup!)
4)Add 2-3 tbsp of your sauce (adjust if needed) into the little zucchini "boat"
5)Add the desired amount of cheese and your toppings
6) Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top and season with salt and pepper

Bake for 20 minutes and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment