Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Dress your size!

Ok ok now anyone who knows me also knows I'm not the biggest fashion guru ever. Hell if I'm not in my Pajamas when you see me you're pretty special. But frankly I'm a stay at home mom and I don't like  putting my twins in jail.  I totally get it, trust me. I try not to judge others, I really don't but hey we are guilty of it, and if you say your not, well then may your pants catch on fire!
   On my way out of Jamba Juice (you need to go there if you have never been) I saw another lady who I only noticed for one reason, she was also plus size, but dressed like a slob. Forgive me it's harsh I know. But let me just describe to you what I saw that made me notice.  A very dirty messy, not sexy messy, pony tail. A baggy faded Mickey  Mouse shirt,thin cheetah leggings that were used as pants, and furry boots.  Now like I said rarely do I leave the house but when I do I try to look presentable. If anything I'd like to fool everyone into thinking I'm totally together.  But looking back that hasn't always been the case.
    Ladies I know how it can be hard to find the right fit. I know that I used to just throw on whatever I could fit into and not care. Usually a baggy T-shirt and jeans. Once I even just wore a T-shirt, those really baggy mesh disasters of "workout" pants shoes and a pony. How I went to school in that I have no idea. I guess like I said in my Background post I hated shopping and it was frustrating. So why try? Getting older I've learned that if you just dress your size no one will notice. And bonus you will feel 10x better about yourself. Granted I still throw on Jeans and a T-shirt but it's usually a T-shirt with a design and that fits right. It's just what I like, but I do style my hair do my makeup even if it's just a 2 minute thing, I attempt to be a a little better.  I realize I sound high and mighty trust me that's not what I'm getting at. Just saying I've been there too.
  You don't have to feel bad about yourself or self conscious. You just have to accept what type of clothes you need to look for whether that's taking the first step into a Plus size store or realizing a certain cut of a dress or shirt may not look as good on you as your friends. Once you try and figure out what you need I promise you  will feel so much better about yourself and going out into public if you put in just a small amount of effort.  You may say well I don't care what other people think of me.  Well that's fine and dandy but this is about you. I think if you "dressed up" into just a good pair of jeans and a well fitting shirt you  would be surprised at how good you feel. And then it turns into being effortless once you do the shopping bit. It's just so important to get clothes for your body, not everyone is the same.
    Please just love yourself, love yourself enough to let you enjoy clothes and take care of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment