Thursday, February 7, 2013

It's the little things

Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.  This is a phrase I've kept close recently.  I think it could be helpful to you or just having something to help you get through tough times or a bad day is a good idea.  For example the stress of your job, school or any big event in your life can have you ripping out your hair by the end of the day. I know I frequently reach that point. Sometimes it might seem like everything is going wrong and the whole day is going to be just awful. That is when I stop and think well all this went bad but at least I got Starbucks today and that was delicious, (it really is, try the snickers frap!). Or maybe if you are feeling down paint your nails, who doesn't feel better after getting dolled up? I suppose the fellas out there can lift weights or play games, whatever your thing is ;).
    Have you ever been in a rut and that is why your day just isn't fantastic or you just aren't in a good mood and don't know why? Maybe hang out with a friend, go for a walk, just change up your normal routine.  I found that I was rather bored with how I looked. Now don't get me wrong everyone should be comfortable with themselves which I was. However I like to play with makeup, which isn't the easiest thing with a toddler running around, so moms I get it, that isn't always an option.  Even still do one eye then play with your kid, I they will get a kick out of it if anything and you can both have a giggle. At night pamper yourself and do a facial mask and paint your nails then if you are married or live with a boyfriend they can have a good laugh. Laughter is the best medicine after all.  Anywho I changed my hair color and I've been being more bold than my normal self and getting bright lipstick and nail polish. Just those little changes in the day can do a world of good.  Screw New Years resolutions, how about a goal?  Let us ladies of every shape and size make a goal to take care of ourselves this year. With the stress and craziness of life I think we forget to appreciate ourselves and just let ourselves have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment